- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1 3/4 cups (400ml) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lbs (800 gr) of Fritz Kaiser's Miranda & Vacherin cheeses
- 2 tbsp. corn starch, freshly ground pepper, & nutmeg (according to taste)
- 1 oz kirsch
- 2 French breads
- Grate the cheese (can be grated in advance and put in a plastic bag and kept in the refrigerator).
- Dice the bread into 1” pieces: in principle each piece should have a crust (if cut before preparing the fondue place in plastic bag).
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with garlic.
- Place the pot on the burner and pour the 1 3/4 cups of wine into the pot.
- Heat the wine until it is hot but do not bring to a boil
- Add the cheese little by little, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until cheese melts, and the mixture has the consistency of a cream sauce.
- Add pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Bring to a boil (for a few seconds), stirring constantly.
- Mix the Kirsch with the corn starch and add to the fondue pot.
- Remove from heat, and place the pot on the lit fondue set.